Family Matters Pricing
Family matters – includes divorce, separation, financial matters, children matters and pre-nuptial agreements. Our fees are charged on a time spent basis as stated in the general pricing policy.
We will provide you with a written estimate once we have a full understanding of the situation and issues to be addressed.
Family cases are sensitive, affecting your personal emotional wellbeing. Legal fees are an added strain and we will endeavour to agree a set limit on spend and review the costs budget with you regularly and throughout the case. This will ensure you are fully informed and in control of what we are doing for you and the cost of this.
The average cost of divorce is £1,500 plus VAT in fees, plus £550 in court fees. (This does not include financial orders or children). This includes:
- Attending on you
- Drafting the papers based on the chosen grounds of divorce
- Engrossing the papers and submitting with the marriage certificate to the court
- Dealing with the Acknowledgement of service
- Applying for Decree Nisi (first stage of process)
- Apply for Decree Absolute (final divorce) when appropriate
Each family and family finances are different and have a wide range of issues. We suggest that an initial one hour meeting at £310 plus VAT should be made to discuss cases for finances and / or children issues. This meeting is often valuable to obtain guidance and information of likely costs of future work if required.